New member from Portland, OR - 97 GSX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Woody

Hello from Oregon!
I'm a new owner of a 97 GSX, here to learn and share.
My first time on a PWC was nineteen years ago as part of my bachelor party, on the Columbia River. It was a rental machine and it was a blast but we were young then and a water toy just wasn't in the budget.
Now we have two teenagers and the time is right. A friend of a friend recently loaned us his 97 GSX for a weekend of fun on a nearby lake and I had such a good time that I started looking into these machines again. His ski had recently been rebuilt after an oil pump failure and ran on premix. It would go 63 mph (gauge, but not GPS verified) on glass with my 180 lb carcass on it and for now that is fast enough for me--at least for now.
Following that weekend I did a ton of internet research to determine what I could afford and what would give me the biggest bang for the buck. A newer four stroke ski was not something we could afford and I wanted something I could work on if necessary, so I started looking at older two stroke skis, made before Seadoo started building them big and heavy. I came to decide on the 787 skis built around 96-02.
The next weekend I found one--ironically another '97 GSX. I'll be starting a thread in the technical forum, as I have some "what should I do" questions that don't belong here.
This looks like a great place with a huge number of helpful folks and an impressive amount of technical information available. I'm looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back