New Idea's For my Challenger 180 SE 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablo

Hi i have been doing lots of reading here in the forum over the last few months and decided to start modding my boat due to winter kicking in here as of this month. So i decided while she isn't in use
i should get started on few things first off getting rid of that huge stock air filter (i have read it's a bit of a restrictor ?) see this link:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/K-N-Styl...515844?hash=item1a0efb8b04:g:~QcAAOSwuAVW1ATV i have already wired in a new stereo and remotes and new front bow speakers
something id like to know is where can i get an oil pump to drain the sump so i can do my own oil changes?? as my understanding is this has to be done via the dipstick tube ? im a fast learner as in the early days i was a motorcycle mechanic for Kawasaki ...(now im an electrical/i.t engineer) also been reading up on the cooling system pinch offs id like to know which hoses as id like to install ball type taps in place ...thanks for any help and advice in advance

Google mityvac. It's what I used and best in business. Use it from many a vehicle project. Build your own 4" air intake for well under $100 including catch can. I have a write up somewhere on here!

Cool ill check it out is the air filter mod worth doing ?

I have no personal comparison since I bought my boat and did it right away but if you find my post (I can find it tomorrow if you cannot) the answer is yes. Keeping oil out of new super charger is good ideal as better breathing for 7920 rpm at WOT. If you are salt then consensus is no, you'll want oil in intake to offset salty air.

Just hit up Amazon and search for a fluid extractor. They're roughly $50-$75 depending on brand and capacity. I've had mine for years and it works like a champ. It's made by Pela:
Pela.jpg

As for the shut off valves. Most people place them on the 3/4" line coming from the pump into the engine compartment connecting to the exhaust manifold. You want to prevent water from back filling the exhaust and eventually entering the cylinders through the head. Some place it near the transom, others near the inlet into the exhaust manifold. I placed mine on the outlet of the exhaust manifold for visibility purposes (so I don't forget to re-open them prior to starting motor).

There are a few threads about it on here. I highly recommend adding boat buckles if you don't have them yet. Work like a champ:

boat buckle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back