New GTX Owner - quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarich42

First off I need to make sure I'm in the correct forum - I just bought a 1996 Seadoo GTX and I think I'm in the right place? If I am in the right forum here's my question - I need to know for sure what oil(s) I can use in this ski? I know I need a LOW ASH oil but I having a hard time making sure I find the correct oil. I don't want ashless and I'm assuming that if they don't say ashless on the bottle then they're low ash? I even called the local powersports shop and they told me I needed a specific oil from Bombardier???? I have been able to find a PWC oil from Quicksilver formulated to be used in engines specifying API-TC oils. Is this a good choice? Another local shop said that they carry the Seadoo brand oils but didn't know about ashless and low ash???? should I use the Seadoon brand oil? AM I CORRECT IN THAT I DO NOT WANT OILS MADE FOR TC-W3 USE?

thanks in advance for all the help.

Welcome to the SeaDoo forum, you'll find a lot of friendly people here, with mostly good advise.

You're actually in the wrong forum, you have a 2-stroke ski, so you need to be in the 2-stroke PWC forum.

You should be using API-TC oil, synthetic, if you can find out what oil the previous owner used I would just stay with that. I personally use QuickSilver synthetic blend API-TC, but since you have rave valves you should use the full synthetic.

If you change brands and especially types you will need to drain and bleed the system, and add fresh oil.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the SeaDoo forum, you'll find a lot of friendly people here, with mostly good advise.

You're actually in the wrong forum, you have a 2-stroke ski, so you need to be in the 2-stroke PWC forum.

You should be using API-TC oil, synthetic, if you can find out what oil the precious owner used I would just stay with that. I personally use QuickSilver synthetic blend API-TC, but since you have rave valves you should use the full synthetic.

If you change brands and especially types you will need to drain and bleed the system, and add fresh oil.

Lou

thanks for the info Lou. So as long as the bottle reads - full synthetic and for API-TCI I should be good to go? thanks again and I'll post the question over in the 2 stroke forum too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back