New Fire Extinguisher That Actually Fits The Factory Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunbearing

Hi guys,

I know there was a Kidde recall on our stock fire extinguishers years ago and for a while they were not making replacements that would fit but I was pleasantly supprised when I picked up this new Kidde KD57W-5BC Fire Extinguisher PWC Mariner model. It fits the factory location on my 1997 SPX like it should and I will test it out on my 1993 XP this weekend. It is just like the old model but has a metal head. The DNR checks the fire extinguisher dates when I get pulled over so if they are over 12 years your out of time.

I hope this helps someone, I know I looked at a bunch of different models to see if I could get one to fit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_100955.jpg
    IMG_20200608_100955.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200608_101012.jpg
    IMG_20200608_101012.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
I want to say I bought one at Walmart that fit it also. I will see if I can find the model number

Edit: Just kidding. It is a recalled model, nice. Glad I saw this thread!

Last edited:
FirstAlert also makes one that fits perfect.

My guess is that Kidde got in trouble for making a replacement extinguisher for the recall that didn't fit anything and were forced to update the replacement ones.

One thing to keep in mind is also many "non" marine fire extinguishes are also US coast guard approved.

Mikidymac, do you know the part number of the First Alert one? The ones I looked at had too big of a head/nozzle assembly to fit into the container and shut the lid.

This thread made me realize my fire extinguisher was recalled.
I filled out the recall online and I just received the new extinguisher. The one they sent me DOES fit the original location and is the Mariner PWC model like the original poster said. Guess not sending it in sooner worked out in my favor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back