New Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 180 sp and never full throttled but got it to 45 easily. Was told 55 would be max but never in a safe area to test it.

Is that a GPS verified speed? Is the rpm limited during the break-in period? Read up on the left listing here in this forum.

Is that a GPS verified speed? Is the rpm limited during the break-in period? Read up on the left listing here in this forum.

Good question, are they really limited? I know the 2012 come with computer controlled modes.. So maybe can someone verify?

I have a 2010 Challenger 210SE and I typically max out around 7200 RPM with a top speed between 46-52 with full tank and people on board. I have the twin 155's and if you only have one 215 then you getting 34-35 sounds about right. To be honest, I think it is a little unreasonable to expect anything hire than that with only one engine. Jet drives are not extremely efficient. This is a large boat so I would only expect those speeds.

I think you should get more RPMs and more speed. Maybe 7900 RPM and a hair over 40 mph.

I think your problem is the steering. When you have to steer hard over you loose speed and efficiency. If you have an alignment or other problem a significant part of your thrust is wasted keeping you straight.

On my boat if I steer hard over my RPMs can even drop a little and speed bleeds off. You shouldn't have to have the wheel hard over to go straight unless you have 800 lbs on one side or a massive side wind.

I have a 2012 c180se 255 and it maxed out at 7800 rpm about 48 mph on GPS and speedo,
I had a 97 challenger twin engine 220 Hp and it would go 55 all day
I inquired about the rpm being governed until u hit 10 hrs,was told it is only during the first few hours and that's it

The engine in your boat should be identical to the one in a c180se. That said, normal RPM is 7600. This can vary upon temp, water conditions & weight on board. Before the 10 hr mark the limiter is barely noticeable. 100 rpm maybe, but consumption will be 5-10% more because of the de-tune programming it works off. My boat with a full load, large bimini, tower, heavy speakers etc still goes 76kph/47mph. I would expect the single c210 to be running slightly slower as the weight is a couple hundred kilos more. However the hull length should counter some of it. Lou your boat should get 7500 rpm at sea level, 20*c water temp & 44 kph give or take. The figures you're quoting sounds a bit sick to me. Another thing, the acceleration & towing may be sluggish on your boat at slower speeds. That's to be expected with the hull size with one donk.

I'd have it checked out.

cheers

Well I video taped my boat passing the 9 hour mark to 10 hour mark! lol..

The fastest I got it yesterday was 38mph on the speedometer, only for a quick second. Lake Puddingstone is very small, so you have to go in circles, and you drop rpms really quickly. Also the Sheriff in that part of town "LOVES" writing citations, top speed on my lake is 35mph. Since my boat was the newest on the water, and I got pulled over the last time for riding my boat like a big PWC, they were keeping an eye on me... Believe me...

So back to the RPM, the top RPM I got was only 7100, as well, on my manual it states I can get up to 7400.

BUT IT DID FEEL FASTER!, I was amazed that about half throttle I was hitting 29 - 30 mph, also getting on plane was way quicker as well.

I could tell that if I was on a smoother lake, longer straight line, I would definitely hit 40 to 44 mph.

Well the boat has been at the Dealer for almost three weeks. I've made my first payment on my loan and have no boat. Dealer completed the exam that Sea Doo requested and the Sea Doo rep informed the dealer it is a defective hull. The rep said he has forwarded the findings to corporate but can't guarantee they will issue me a new boat. I have already reached out to customer service and feel they really didn't care about my situation. I can't believe I'm saying this after all the years of being a loyal Sea Doo customer, but I believe buying this boat was a mistake. I'm feeling let down in a big way ad they said there picky is to repair the boat not replace it. Are You ****ing kidding me! 4 hours on a brand new boat and you want to redo the bottom fiberglass after admitting it was a factory defect. It's like buying a new car that fell off the transport carrier and they bondo it then sell as new still. I really thought Sea Doo stood behind their products but I guess I was sadly mistaken. I informed this was a severe safety issue as I bring my kids on this boat and the liability is in their hands. It's not like a seat clamp is lose or a steering cable is bad. This is probably the most important part of the boat and they want to repair it as if I damaged it. Complete bullshit and I guess it's going to be a long drawn out legal battle as I will not accept anything but a new boat. Sorry for venting on here but I'm out $32,000 not them. I thought BRP was better than this. I will update in the future.

Would have to agree with you.. defective hull? they must be joking... how can they offer you less than another boat? Sorry but it does sound like you have to get an attorney..

Im amazed they even admitted to it being a defective hull, thats probably the last thing Ill tell my customer... hopefully they are mistaken, it was the dealer who said that to you, not the seadoo rep...

It was the SeaDoo rep that told me the measurements my dealer had to do is what showed the Hull was a factory defect. My dealer put me on the phone with the rep because I was so angry in the store that they asked the rep to talk to me. The rep advised me he presented the findings to his higher ups and will contact my dealer tomorrow with a decision. Guess we'll see if they do what's right.

Now lets get honest here, that's a pretty bona-fide conscientious "ethical" thing to do, to tell you that the measurements of the hull are off? Most companies "will hide that fact in a hurry", and never admit to it.

The fact that the Seadoo Rep even admitted to that speaks volumes of their character. Seems they are going to the right thing for you, and stand behind their product.

I have read another customer complaining aboutc210 issues if I remember. I think they thought it waqs a ride plate seal issue. Good luck!

Loudoo, It was my boat and it sounds exactly the same.... Shoot me a pm with alternate phone/email...... Due a non-disclosure that I signed, I am not able to disclose anymore information. Long story short. Two weeks of phone calls several times a day and a binder full of letters, photographs, written opinions and estimates resulted in an exchange. It only took two weeks but it would not be fair if I said I was not a pitbull on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back