New 2016 Wake 155 In Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

155onthewater

Glad to be here! I went to the boat show with a friend in January and purchased a 2016 Wake 155. I'm pumped, it's the first water craft i can call mine and it has the abilities to do want i want on the water. I picked it up because of my love of skiing and the urge to teach my boys to ski. They are both under 5 right now. The ski settings are great and extendable pylon is sweet. It moves pretty fast in the water (tops out at 55mph). I don't need to go much faster than that. I wanted the S3 hull but did not want the supercharger...

Finally after waiting MONTHS to put in, I took it for the maiden voyage and right off the bat the alignment was way off to the right. I was not happy. The steering handle had to be turned 1.5 inches left to make the ski track straight. Brought it to Mountain Motorsports (they really only like the "Bros" and 20 somethings and take the rest of us to the cleaners when pen meets paper) and they straightened it out... but i still feel the pull to the right. My right turns are noticeably sharper than left turns. Currently have 3 hours on it, was gonna talk to them about it again at the 10 hour maintenance check.

Also, after riding for like 3 hours I want to improve the hold on the water and stability. Can my hull "feel" more like the S3 hull if i upgrade the intake grate and Sponsons?? Someone has mentioned Ride Plate too. Would like to hear experience etc...

Thanks for looking, see you on the water.

If one of the cable mounts is broken or not connected the cable moves and flexes and the steering is seriously affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back