New 2012 Challenger 210 with isues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev233

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 2012 challenger 210 single 255 hp. Its had computer issues from day one... check engine light is on and the different modes will not activate. It also tops out at 40 mph and 7600 rpm with one person in the boat. Does anyone know if this is low? The dealer has replaced the computer 3 times and I still have the same problems. BRP engineering are looking at it now, but I would appreciate any input or suggestions. Thanks.

Hey Rev233 ! Did you solve the problem??
I am asking you because I am selling my bayliner to buy a Challenger 210. I am not sure if I should get the single engine or twin.
I hear about the synchronizing problem with the twins, etc, and I thought the single engine would be better, but I am afraid of lack of power, and you seem to be confirming my fears...
Could you please give me some more feedback about your boat and your thoughts of single vs twin>??
Thanks and good luck with the boat!
David

The 2012 Challenger 180 that I bought had a problem within the first few minutes (19 minutes) of run time. I brought it back to the dealer the same day. They replaced the spark plugs and I have not had an issue since. They told me that sometimes the spark plugs go bad if the boat had been sitting on the lot for a while without being run. The MPH seems a little low, but I think the programming limits the engine within the first 10 hours of operation for break-in protection. I have the single 215 HP engine and I am getting up to 46 MPH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back