need help starting my 2000 gtx mill edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

vark123

When i got this jetski it worked fine, i started it couple times without water, but only for about 10-20 seconds. Then we started to have problems, first thing was when key was put in, beeps were rare, then disapired. Then engine cranked but didnt start. I thought the beeper problem might of been the battery so i bought a new one, didnt change anything. Im not sure whats wrong, there spark, spark plugs get flooded with gas when cranked. What could be the problem, could something been damaged from having the ski on for so little, when i mean by couple im saying like 5 times. Thank you.

Ground the spark plug wires on their posts pull the plugs and give it a crank a few seconds at a time to get out some of the fuel. Insert a new set of gapped plugs and give it a go. Plugs that have been fouled with fuel will have a hard time starting a motor. The electrical current gets shorted out in the plug rather than at the electrode.

edit: The beeper doesn't have anything to do with the engine starting or not. It's just an indicator that the dess key has made a connection and is recognized buy the mpem. Engine will start whether it actually beeps or not. Usually when you don't get the beep the piezo speaker has gone bad or is failing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back