Need help spark plug cables issues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelseaFC

My spark plug cables aren't giving any juice I tried to disconnect them inside the power box but can't seem to pull them out has anyone changed theirs???
Any advice or suggestions would help thanks.
I own 2000 gtx rfi Bombardier

I tore the boot off and I've been to 3 stores including a marine store and no one has these boots....the marine store is trying to sell me the coils for 150 each...I appreciate your time thanks

I tore the boot off and I've been to 3 stores including a marine store and no one has these boots....the marine store is trying to sell me the coils for 150 each...I appreciate your time thanks
You can find spark plug boots at small engine repair shops/ Sears etc. Just screw on a replacement to the plug wire. Don't forget to ziptie after assembly.

Maybe a little more in depth answer since we don't know how mechanically inclined you are. When you cut the zip tie that is on the boot, the plug wire will pull out of the boot with some force. It won't look like a normal wire that you strip off some sheathing to use crimp on style connectors.

The spark plug wire and sheath will be even on the end. Then depending on how much length you can spare, trim off 1/8-1/4 of an inch. This will give you fresh clean wire ends, which will still be flush as you cut through the entire cable. Slide the cable back into the boot, which has a metal spike that will be forced into the plug wire creating the connection. Just make sure you slide it in as far as you can, and replace the zip tie that was on the boot originally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyi_77uAij0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Good advice, except don't pull the boot off, un-screw it.

Lowe's has spark plug boots for small engines, also try ACE Hardware. If you want OEM try a motorcycle shop.

Lou

Maybe a little more in depth answer since we don't know how mechanically inclined you are. When you cut the zip tie that is on the boot, the plug wire will pull out of the boot with some force. It won't look like a normal wire that you strip off some sheathing to use crimp on style connectors.

The spark plug wire and sheath will be even on the end. Then depending on how much length you can spare, trim off 1/8-1/4 of an inch. This will give you fresh clean wire ends, which will still be flush as you cut through the entire cable. Slide the cable back into the boot, which has a metal spike that will be forced into the plug wire creating the connection. Just make sure you slide it in as far as you can, and replace the zip tie that was on the boot originally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyi_77uAij0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I am not mechanically inclined at all. I understand the functions of the parts I'm dealing with but thought I'd be able to buy new ends for the spark plug cable, the boot I found with no problem my issue now is the end that connects to the coils is torn and that part I can't find.

Download the photobucket app. You can create an account for free and upload the pics to it. Then just paste a link here and it will show the pics.

Im trying to post the picture and it loads to 100% then i get a red ! mark not allowing me but the part im talking about is the other end of the spark plug cable the end that connects to the coils

Right around here?

307.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back