Need Help fixing a messed up Seadoo XP Limited 2001 (Rossier Pipe, Cooling, Heat Problem)

_martin_

Hello,
We have bought 2 Jetskis and a Trailer to work on. None of the Jetskis was running fine so we checked the carbs and i rebuild them.
On one Jetski ( Superjet 701) i found a clogged fuel line to one of the carbs and a bad connection in the spark plug connector.
Since i fixed this it runs like hell and make lots of fun.
The other one is a Seadoo XP Limited 2001. the preowner or someone before removed the oil pump to use premixed oil.
also he pluged lots of sensors in every hose because he wanted to log or show temperatures but never finished it.
The first thin i did was also removing the carbs and rebuild them bni-46 dual. i used the stock jetting i found online and original mikuni parts for rebuild.
He also put a second 12v fuel pump in because he was trying to put in some novitec carbs with no internal fuel pump.
He did not geht the jet to run and changed back to the other carbs and dont removed the electric fuel pump. ^^
We got the jet to start and run but cant test it because we have no water where we can test it (not allowed to use a jetski in allmost the whole country. Nearest point to try is 3 hours ^^) So we put them on the trailer and drive to croatia for the weekend.
After some start problems it was running with about 5500 rpms a bit. but very rough. 2 or 3 times it was going about 6000rms +/-.
We noticed that the jet gets way to hot and started to check the cooling circuit for maybe a clogged line or something.
At this point and some research i found out that it got an aftermarket pipe (rossier), a R&D Head and some other modifications and other bad stuff maybe.

There is no flush plug at the back of the jet. There is a Connector at the top right but goes only in a loop to the pilge pump.
I noticed that the water pressure regulator on top of the waterbox is plugged. Also iam not sure if the hose connections are right because
of the different exhaust.
I found a box labeled Micro-Touch FP-ECWI-UNI that should go with the pipe i think but some wires are disconnected and also i did not
find a Water pressure solenoid that i think is needed to operate it right. Also it look like there are 2 jumper pins and 2 cutted or missing one next to them.
I did not find a single document about this part and its wiring or setup. I found something about hardjetting and inserting jets in some fittings or pipes
but that gets way to complicated ^^

Maybe someone can point us in the right direction to correctly do the cooling hoses in this configuration and if its possible to remove the Micro-Touch box.
i dont know if i should get a used Pressure regulator for the waterbox or if this makes no sense and is useless.
I checked the rossier pipe mith a small pump on these 3 connectors (2 bridged, one under pressure) and looked like it holds pressure so internaly there should be no crack or something i think. I looked for inprints on the fittings but cant found one. We removed all the hoses coming from the jet inlet and want to redo them right.

Maybe someone can help us to get this thing running without overheating. Oh btw , There is no beeper on this jetski. Looked under the dashboard but i think its removed. i think it should be connected to PIN 18 (purple-tan) & 20 (tan-black) on the MPEM Connector 2. but it seems there are different colors.

Here are some pictures of the mess ^^ thanks for the help.
Martin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 5.jpg