need help asap please (2006 seadoo rxt215 4 tec rotax supercharge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin Siel

i bought this jet ski and i went out on it for a couple hours, it has 108 hours and i just pull motor out. the hull was fill with oil in the back end i haven't found any bolt leaks ect... the PTO boot is a little bent looking and i'm trying to figure out if the oil leak could of been coming from PTO boot/ drive shaft area? if someone could please help me/guide me in right area please msg me with/on details ect... ill give good review if needed

Were there any motor mount issues? Sounds like the engine was not in alignment with the drive shaft.

No motor mount issues. i got home yesterday and my engine oil went from safe level to pretty much empty, and the whole back end of the hull was filled with the oil and it not burning oil i dont think because the oil that leak out was completely new still ill post picture in one min i have motor pulled

Very rarely is it necessary to pull the motor for an oil leak and it is much easier to find the leak on a running motor. I suggest putting it back in and finding the oil leak by running it on the hose with paper towels under it. The rear driveshaft oil seal is very common and a simple fix but rarely do they leak a lot in a short amount of time. How long has it been since you checked the oil level? The oil coolers can corrode in saltwater environments and leak which these leaks are typically very fast leaks and easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back