Need experienced advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozz44

Hi I am in process to buy a use seadoo from years 95 to 97 ,I am trying to do a come back to the water fun . My problem is that i found 2 boats that fit my budget and i dont know wich to choose First is a seadoo challenger 14.5 1997 1 motor 85 hp.from a dealer at 5300.$ or a seadoo sporster 1995 2 motors 85 hp sleeves r last year new from a private seller at 5500.$ need help,,,!::confused:

Things to consider. two motors twice the gas you will be lucky if it will run 1hour 30 min at wide open throtal full tank of gas. two engines twice the repairs. two engines beter performance. top speed is close to the same I believe. maybe 5mph differance. I also thought that the challenger came with a larger engine I believe it is a 110 hp engine. Louis is the expert on this I am sure he will reply some time today. good luck hope this gives you more ideas to work with. Robin :cheers:

Got my back Robin!

Your absolutely correct Robin. The 1997 Challenger has the single Rotax 787cc which is 110 hp.
The 1995 Sportster has the 657cc motors.....
For me, this isn't even a contest. I'd take the Challenger hands down. As Robin has stated, you've got twice the work to keep up with owning a twin engine boat. The handling and power of the Challenger will out perform the Sportster with ease.
Now, the 1997 Sportster, with the 717cc, 85hp engines are a bit more equal in comparison to the power of the Challenger.
I have the 97 model and it flies....tops out near 50 mph. Jumps waves very well.
What you'll need to look at in deciding is the maintenance. I don't care how much they have been in a garage or whatever, as these things age, parts have to be replaced and repaired. With the twin engine, it will be twice the repair.
Here's a nice boat. It's in Florida though........http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/610424082.html

Good luck and happy shopping. Let us know what model you decide on!:cheers:

I agree with Robin and Seadoosnipe. I own a 200speedster and a 1997 challenger with a 110 hp single engine. I love them both, and have a great time with them...as a mater of fact I have my challenger for sale too, it has a fully rebuilt trailer from lights to wheel bearings, and everything it needed in between. The boat is immaculate and has a Bimini, a full factory cover, full coast guard kit and a depth guage. I'm asking $5500.00 I left no stone unturned when I bought it and made it perfect in every way. I don't use it as much now as I bought my new 200speedster in January. It needs a good home.

let me know if your interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back