Nasty Looking Bottom Where should i START Speedster jetboat Cleaning needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

koby6587

Look at this 1998 sea doo speedster just took in through a family situation but was seriously neglected the last year of its life it sat in a warm marina waters(fresh water) in new york state sitting still probably 4 monthes or longer zebra mussels grew on it and everything nasty!!!!!!!!! You guys kno anything powerfull enough to start cleaning this thing back up?
thanks
15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Powerwashing probably won't do it.

Try using Zing by zing ahead out of St. Louis. Put some in a small bucket and dip a brush into it and then scrub. OR you can spray some on the boat and just scrub...about $12 a bottle so you don't want to waste any.

Also try toilet bowl cleaner. Either way don't let it drip into lake or stream waters. Use it in your drive then flush it away with a hose.

here is something that will work - oxalic acid, found a video of a guy using it, if u do what he did in a sprayer at the end of his video, looks like it will work real nice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IER1gzjLizM -- follow it up with star brite hull cleaner, thats what a friend of mine here in fla uses, -- he keeps his boat in water like a month at a time, u can buy it like a place like here - -- http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...chanintel_google&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=98157 dont be afraid of it, this acid is in vegatables, etc... but, use eye protection and rubber gloves, if it was just stained a little, i would say vinegar would work, but, with a little elbow grease and work, u will be surprised -=- post pics when done -- ok ???

cool video thanks for the info i also added more photos i will take before and after pics of in side and out ill be doing this probably like 2 weeks but i always finish up on these posts thanks any more tips are appreciated waxes or anything. thanks

I will tell you what I used, and it worked wonders, go to wal mart, and in the boating section, they have something called hull cleaner, it is made by Attwood I believe, u just spray it on and can watch the dirt and grime just melt off, also buy a can of something called bar keepers friend, it with the comet and stuff, it has the oxacylic acid in it. But i mainly used the spray and was absolutely amazed by how well and easily it worked

I will tell you what I used, and it worked wonders, go to wal mart, and in the boating section, they have something called hull cleaner, it is made by Attwood I believe, u just spray it on and can watch the dirt and grime just melt off, also buy a can of something called bar keepers friend, it with the comet and stuff, it has the oxacylic acid in it. But i mainly used the spray and was absolutely amazed by how well and easily it worked

ive used the attwood and it does work good onwater stains but on my challenger it did not remove alot of the old water stains i had to use toilet bowl cleaner to get rid of. but my challenger never looked anything like above ill check barr keepers ive heard good stuff. i also found another site with the oxalyic acide they sell a 6 pound tube for 16 bucks!

I leave my boat in the water all summer and it looks jsut like that when I take it out. After trying a few different hull cleaner products that didn't work very well a buddy told me to use this:

http://www.amazon.com/MaryKate-On-Off-Bottom-Cleaner/dp/B0000AXNNI

I've been using it for the past 3 years and it works awesome. I'm pretty sure it contains the oxalic acid that Griz recommended. The best thing to do is put it in a spray bottle, that way you use very little. I will get 4 years out of a 1 gallon jug. Using this, I can clean the entire hull on my 19' boat in 1 hour. The fumes are terrible though, last year I wore my respirator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back