My seadoo wont start HELPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

xarnes10

ok i have a 2000 seadoo gtx millenium edition fuel injected and it started fine had no problem then the next day i was cleaning the inside it was really dirty from other owner and i try to start it it worked for 5 secs and shut off and it sayed hi temp and then i try to start again and it wont crank the engien would just make like a thump noise and nothing doesnt shake or turn over just that click noise like the cylinders are stuck or something i will post a vid later when i get home

could i have got something wet that shouldnt have been?
or unpluged something?

sounds like it locked up on you pull the plugs out and try to turn the PTO (driveshaft) at the back by hand if it turnes its not seized
where in michigan are you

Im in Sterling heights and by plugs u mean spark plugs im guessing im takeing battaery to get tested before I start that an lopks like there is a plate bloacking the shaft at the back bottom

you need to get it running, and run it alot, take it to a boat ramp and run it for about an hour, all the moisture needs to get out, and oil needs to get in

you need to get it running, get some new sparkplugs, or something, back it in a boat ramp, and run it, i know its dark, so u really cant ride it, if u can around a boat ramp, do circles for an hour or so, if not, rust will form in crankcase , pretty quick and a new motor is like 950.00 .......

i went and bought some fogging oil and put that in the cylinders and moved it a bit and i just coverd the holes with a napkin so some water could evaporate i dont got my truck so it will have to wait till tomarrow to run it in the water

keep cranking it until all water is out of the cylinders. Then start it to be sure it runs. BUT get it to the lake ASAP and run the heck out of it for about 15-20 minutes.

PS....Crank for only 5-8 seconds at a time then let the starter cool for 30 seconds before cranking again.

PSS...how much water did you put into the hull to clean it.....to the top of the seats?????????......LOL :)

I would not normally recommend this but if nothing else get your ski running on a hose, a drive shaft rebuild it a lot cheaper than a new motor.

Lou

ill let u know tomarrow i just cleaned out most the water and fogged it and ill try to start it tomarrow i didnt even try today oh and the reason this happen is im guessing u should not turn on the water hoes then try to turn on jet ski thats what i did i ran the water first

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is the fogging oil doesn't get to the crankcase, that's all I'm going to say.

Lou

ok well i hope 2 days wont mess it up ill take it out tomarrow
im new with this jet ski stuff so any tips are appreciated my first time on it will be tomarrow i was waiting for the nice weather on saturday 85 d:)

if you have a bunch of water in the engine, and you havent started yet, then, you motor might not see saturday, trust me, if i was you, i would get it started, since you cant put in the water, as you say, then run it on a hose, and take another hose, and run it on the jet pump, and squirt down the carbon seal every couple minutes, but i and most people here will tell you that you need to run it as soon as possible, and dry it all out. i have the same motor and have seized one by water before -- it aint pretty....

no ive got the water out the might be like a little but it cant shot anymore out and how does an motor seize what happens and what can u do to fix it?

if it seizes up, its junk, sbt sells em for 950.00 plus shipping, we have been tellin u since 7:30 or so, water is in the crankcase also, motor has to run, to evaporate water in crankcase and to replenish the oil in crankcase, or it will rust up the bottom end, you being from michigan, know about rust, theres an old saying, that rust never sleeps, and on a quiet night, you can here a chevy rust .......

yea u guys have ill take it out tomarrow as soon as i get off work witch is 4:00 hopefully there wont be to much damage done and this is my first jet ski is there anything i should look for when on the water and is there any main things that have to be lubed up the other owner was pretty clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back