My first Jet Ski, 93 657 XP Dual Carb project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefighter3244

So I'll be using this thread to do document everything.

I've never owned a Water Craft so this is all new to me but when I found the deal I didn't think I could pass it up after always wanting a jet ski.
I've ridden Sit downs and stand ups but prefer the sitdowns. Call me lazy. lol

So, Here it is. Full Purchase price for Trailer/Ski $500.

1993 Seadoo 657 XP Dual Carb
Single Trailer with lights.

Seller said it ran great all last year, performance dropped some and thought the carbs needed to be cleaned. He never took them off and gave up on it.
Said he'd never had a jet ski and didn't know how to work on it.

I had my buddy look it over and he said it was a good deal, the seal ring looked good and overall pretty clean. Needs work but for the price...

My plans are to get it running right before doing anything cosmetic, so I can prove to the wife it wasn't a waste of money. lol She did approve a full size jet boat purchase though. (She wants us and the dog all together, plus the option to bring another couple(Friends).

Once I get it running pretty good I want to sand it down and clean it, and repaint it. Honestly I want to paint it silver, with black accents. just want a nice clean look. Hydro turf, marble blue but we'll see...

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg

So I dropped the battery off at Autozone for a trickle charge to see if it has any life left. I really hope it does, just enough for this summer, whats left of it.

I picked up a 3/4" Hose and installed it going from the head to the rear (Exhaust? I have no clue.. I just know it needed a hose there)

215.jpg

I'm about to go pick up the battery and all new Fuel Lines too. I'll drain the old fuel and replace the lines and then add new mixed 50:1 Fuel.
I'm going to try to get it running before taking the carbs off to clean them... see what some seafoam will do...

UPDATE:

So the Battery was no good, so they said. So I bought a new duralast Gold Marine Gel Battery.... Suppose to be good so we'll see. It was $88.

Bought 10ft of 1/4" Fuel Line to replace all the lines. Also bought the clamps.

I'll drain the tank and replace the lines tomm. Maybe get it out on the water this weekend. Im going to see if they adapter is available somewhere locally so I can
run it in my driveway before bothering to take it to the water...

The pictures, nothing needs to be connected to the red cap on the head right...

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Battery was no good, so they said. So I bought a new duralast Gold Marine Gel Battery.... Suppose to be good so we'll see. It was $88.

Bought 10ft of 1/4" Fuel Line to replace all the lines. Also bought the clamps.

I'll drain the tank and replace the lines tomm. Maybe get it out on the water this weekend. Im going to see if they adapter is available somewhere locally so I can
run it in my driveway before bothering to take it to the water...

The pictures, nothing needs to be connected to the red cap on the head right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back