My 2007 GTX Limited Supercharged shut off and won't restart... Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey2007

Hi Thanks for reading. Can someone please advise me on how to proceed with the dealer... My Dealer serviced GTX engine shut down and won't restart. This machine is/was in mint condition, has only 115 hours and is stored in a heated garage. The supercharger work was done at 89 hours by this dealer (two years ago). During the past two rides the motor seemed to be just slightly louder under higher rpm's AND at slow idle there was an ever so slight idle surge really only noticeable on the tachometer. While riding on our local lake and doing a turn the engine just simply shut off. Battery is brand new. I tried to restart (never any problems with start button) but engine only cranked over for something like 2 seconds... and stopped cranking. It almost seemed bound up. This engine has always fired right up except when the old battery was failing but the new one solved that. I tried to restart several more times but each time same result, although sometimes i could get it t crank slightly longer. I checked impeller and it was free of obstruction. I got towed in but while under way I tried a few more times and actually the engine started. But I shut it off quickly so i didn't run into tow ski (short rope). Plus I figured day was over anyway and machine never did this before so I wanted the dealer to look at it. Wouldn't restart on trailer. Note... when engine shut down there were no sounds of breaking metal or anything unusual. It just simply shut off.
My dealer states... supercharger spins and I think he said it is still good but "motor is not moving". Dealer has not opened engine to find out why "nothing is moving internally and doesn't feel I should spend money to find out what went wrong, only to have to buy a new engine anyway. He states engine is bad. He said engine blocks are two to three months out. He offered to submit a claim to Seadoo to see if they will help me but he said the unit is 5 years old etc etc.
I have purchased 5 brand new Seadoos (from various dealers) in my lifetime and just purchased a leftover Skidoo in 2010. I'm not made of money and i'm not a young adult. As you can imagine I'm beside myself and not sure how I should proceed. The dealer service manager is new to the Seadoo business, but very respectable. I would really appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you

When you say sc work was done...what work exactly was done? Have you checked the sc yourself...pulled the intake off and tried to spin the blades with the tip of your finger? You checked for loose battery connections...? What kinda r's were you seeing at wot prior to it shutting off? Have you pulled the plugs and cranked the motor...?

Hi Thanks for the quick reply. The supercharger had Part#420881101 "SC KITSC-IC/HO done. Not sure but I think it was the minor rebuild. Dealer said sc had hardly any wear showing. I didn't check sc myself. Dealer said it spins. Battery connections tight. Low to mid range rpms as I had 2 young passengers. I didn't pull the plugs. Unit is at the dealer now. I was reading a few posts and noticed that there is a campaign on flywheel bolts. Not sure if mine is part of that program but I will check into that next.

At this point some engine disassembly is required in order for you to know what is wrong with the engine. They are going to charge you "X" amount of labor to do so.

If the supercharger 'spins', that's wrong. It should be very hard to turn by hand. Clarification necessary here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back