MPEM Advice for Key Programming

Hi all,

I'm an idiot and managed to lose the key to my 1999 Seadoo GSX. Everyone call me an idiot all together!

Now that thats out of the way, I have found a shop to program a new key for me. To do so I need to remove the MPEM and take it to the shop. This sounds easy enough but I can't find any good resources for how to do this. I plan to remove the module tonight and take it to the shop in the morning. Does anyone have any advice or resources on how to remove and reinstall the MPEM?

Thank for the help in advance!

Idiot! :p

its super simple to remove, under the front hatch, pull out the white storage box, and its bolted to a bracket on the left hand side of the space, there are 3 connectors to remove, they have push tabs top and bottom of them, push both tabs in and pull them out, some wiggle might be required, as they have rubber gaskets around the plug.

Once they are unplugged, its held on by 2 10mm nuts left and right, once they are off, pull the top of the unit forward to clear the studs, and then lift it up(there is a foot in the centre at the bottom it sits on)

the MPEM and the connectors are marked, 1, 2, 3 so when your refitting it just make sure they go in the correct slot.

Hahaha thank you for following instructions ;)

Awesome, I was hoping it was that simple. I wanted to make sure I didn't need to worry about cutting and reattaching wires or soldering anything. Appreciate the response!

Back