Modifying the stock air intake box on a 2015 gti 130 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that in order to reduce the sound , the GTI air intake uses pipes and hoses to give a restrictive , zig zag path .
Here are some things I am thinking about trying so get less restriction at the expense of more noise .
Also , I realize if I keep the stock air box and just make it less restrictive , I don't have to monkey with the straps that hold it and the fuel tank down .

1:Remove the air intake silencer hose item #49 to eliminate the zig zagging air path
2: Remove item 49 and replaced it with a bendable pipe lined up with the air input pipe but 12 inches away to get less restriction while maintaining some protection from water ingestion .
This is my favorite .
3: Just remove item 49 and just run hose from the air intake pipe to the pipe where the air exits the box.

So good idea or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

http://www.seadoopartshouse.com/oemparts/a/sea/546b811af8700222241ab469/engine

I noticed that in order to reduce the sound , the GTI air intake uses pipes and hoses to give a restrictive , zig zag path .
Here are some things I am thinking about trying so get less restriction at the expense of more noise .
Also , I realize if I keep the stock air box and just make it less restrictive , I don't have to monkey with the straps that hold it and the fuel tank down .

1:Remove the air intake silencer hose item #49 to eliminate the zig zagging air path
2: Remove item 49 and replaced it with a bendable pipe lined up with the air input pipe but 12 inches away to get less restriction while maintaining some protection from water ingestion .
This is my favorite .
3: Just remove item 49 and just run hose from the air intake pipe to the pipe where the air exits the box.

So good idea or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

http://www.seadoopartshouse.com/oemparts/a/sea/546b811af8700222241ab469/engine

You prolly should stick with that oem intake. You go to improving on what BRP gave you and you might find yourself going a bit too fast for your own good.

At 62 mph , I just get closer and closer to the GTR 215 in performance and they hate it . Lol keep in mind , I have already surpassed the performance of the 1st Sea Doo sc ski that at the time was only able to compensate for the additional mass related to going from a 2 to a 4 stroke engine . Lol

Also doing it on a 10 gal/hr max burn rate and devoid of lots of heavy , internal components that can fail .

Last edited by a moderator:
At 62 mph , I just get closer and closer to the GTR 215 in performance and they hate it . Lol keep in mind , I have already surpassed the performance of the 1st Sea Doo sc ski that at the time was only able to compensate for the additional mass related to going from a 2 to a 4 stroke engine . Lol

Also doing it on a 10 gal/hr max burn rate and devoid of lots of heavy , internal components that can fail .

:bs:

You should apply for a job at BRP in either engineering or marketing !

You should apply for a job at BRP in either engineering or marketing !

They to many associates at Green Hulk so they don't need me.
My goal is a 60 mph pwc under any conditions because much above that speed stops being funny if you fall off excluding those watching you.

I have filled the ride plate and intake grate holes .
I have painted over the rough surface of the epoxy and have painted over the flat bottom surface of the ride plate and now its really slippery .
The ride plate/exchanger on the GTI is the same as that of the sc GTR so think it may have a little extra cooling capacity on my Na engine and can tolerate a drop in cooling capacity but won't know for sure until next summer.
So still testing cuz one of my holes got blasted free of epoxy and had to redo but turning was much improved and more snappy .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back