MMI Orlando FL Opinions good or bad??

Jfrenchws6

While on vacation this Christmas in FL I took the opportunity to check out the Marine Mechanics School (MMI) in Orlando. I've been wanting to go back to school for a while and thought this may be something I could enjoy getting up every morning to go do. It was a pretty nice school. I liked the how the classes and schedule was setup. They had motors everywhere and your first class you tear down and rebuild and engine at least twice. Only thing I didn't like was they barely even mention anything to do with jet drives or even jet skis in general. The person giving the tour said that after going through this school, jet ski's are very easy to work on. What's funny is in the motorcycle course they actually do touch on jet ski's snow mobile's and ATV's since they are considered power sports. However I couldn't hope over and take just that part of the curriculum. I'd have to go through the entire motorcycle curriculum.

I'm seriously considering attending and was curious if anyone had feed back, good or bad, about the place. I'm also wondering how easy/hard it would be to find a job since you don't actually leave the school with any manufacturer certifications.

Thanks for any input!!!

Back