Lowrance Depth Finder Install Suggestions

mejim707

I picked up a Lowrance Depth finder. I'm going to install it on the 96 Seadoo Challenger.

Since last year some extremely shallow areas of the lake were not marked, and I didn't see it until it was too late, I'm going to keep this depth finder running to prevent that from happening again. Dinged up impeller, ruined wear ring and water intrusion into the pump so I had to do a full rebuild. Let's not do that again.

So, does anyone have suggestions on placement of the transducer on the transom to get the proper water depth and not that much turbulence on plane?

I also will need to drill a hole through the transom sadly, but that's the only way to run this cable. So any suggestions on a through hull seal that would be awesome as well.

Thank you!

This is a Lowrance HOOK reveal 5 with the transom style transducer which includes temp.

So I believe I have no choice but to mount this on the transom but I would like advice on the ideal spot. The manual only describes outdrive style props, it doesn't describe jet. And I don't want to break this when putting the boat in reverse.

Any advice on the ideal mounting spot would be awesome. Thanks!

Back