Looking for advice on buying a pair of used 3 seaters for family

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverDan

Hi all - love the forum, been searching boats the boat side and the pwc for while now (wife thinks I'm slightly out of my mind... but that's ok). I'm looking to pick up a pair of 3 seaters for river, lake and maybe (very maybe) ocean use here in SoCal. I'm trying to budget around $4000 including the trailer, vests, ect. and ma looking for fun, stable and reliablity at the top of the list. Currently I'm looking at "1997 SEADOO SPX WITH LESS THAN 60 HRS AND THE OTHER IS A SUPER CLEAN 1998 SEADOO GSX LIMITED WITH LESS THAN 80 HRS WITH TRAILER" for $3500. I'm not sure if this is a good price or not - or if these are the right ski's for us. Any thoughts?

If they are in good shape... since we are in the middle of summer... that is a good price.

Depending where you are at... you could get Seadooya (a member here) to give them a good once-over to make sure they are mechanically good.

Regadless... you always want to give them a test drive (on the water) before buying a used ski. They can run fine on the trailer... but all kinds of gremlins will come out once they hit the water. (leaks, low power, ignition issues)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of the skis that you named are two seaters. If you are looking for stability i would think you would want a three seater as you stated. Of course that is my opinion, the two seaters are unstable as can be for me, but im a 6 foot 8 350 pounds.

The SPX is realistically a 1.5 seater. The GSX is a 2 seater. The GSX is fairly stable, SPX not. The SPX however is a great hull design with lots of fun. The GSX is a VERY fast watercraft. Those would be a fun pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back