Looking for a second Sea Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_hog

Just sold my 95 XP and I am thinking I want to buy another Sea Doo to go along with my 96 XP. Looking something maybe a little newer, thinking maybe a 98+XP or maybe any year GSX since they both seem to be about the same price as 96 XPs up here. Was also thinking of maybe an HX. Just wanting to hear what you guys think we be good for a second ski, probably would be used more for friends to ride, so I know the HX might not be the best choice.

I think the GSX is the best all around ski. A lot of people like the XPL's also. Remember to find a good deal on a clean ski because there are always a few issues to work out or at least things to improve.

I agree with Matt, I have a 96 xp and a 97 gsx and I love both, perfect pair.
Gsx is a great choice.

Yep a GSX is a nice happy medium...you can 2 up but its still fun 1up. Buying a 96 or 97 is a good idea bc its still a 787 motor like your XP.

The HX is a crazy little narrow machine. If you are athletic or on the lighter end of the weight spectrum its a great machine. Bigger guys...well you better be awesome at pull ups.

Im on the westside of Mpls and have all sorts of machines that could be ready in a few weeks. Got a 97 GSX, couple 96 XPs, and a 96 HX...I perfer to go through them myself and sell them ready to rock. Let me know if you are interested.

Nick I will definitely look you up when I get ready to buy. Over here in ND people are crazy what they want for skis, so I am always cruising MN craigslist.

How are the 947/951 motors? Kinda intrigued by them in an XPL or GSXL.

I am 6' 165lbs and a life long athlete so the HX doesnt scare me one bit, buddy has a Waveblaster 1 and its so much fun to ride just dont know about for a second ski cause not everyone can ride one.

Thought about a Spark as well but used ones still havent come down in price enough only being out for 2 years now.

I like having a 3 and 2 seater on a double trailer. in PA you need a 3 seater to ski with.

Also, why stop at two? I had five in my shop a few weeks ago.

Yup If you find a actual cheap Spark you better be on it...bc if one pops up for like 3k Ill snap that up so fast no one will even have a chance. Its a great machine, but if you have engine trouble it will cost more to fix than its worth and you better not run it into anything.

I am not a fan of the 951 motor. IMO they are under engineered and any little issue and the crank or chunks of the piston end up through the cases. If they are well taken care of and kept dry they can go a long time, but a 787 motor just doesnt shatter as much as the 951s.

As far as prices...mine are high but everything is done and I stand behind them. Most skis out there need all the maintenance and I do it all.

On the HX...the one I am building is a beast. Factory pipe, 46mm carbs, buckshot head, UMI, JT seat, new HT turf, prop, intake, OEM gauge kit...clean and polished inside and out.

I tend to agree, the GSX (after the X4) would be my choice if I got back into riding 2 strokes.

I have a healthy fear for the longevity of the 951, and the more importantly the issues surrounding their case failures, enough that after I bought a 2002 XP and did some research, I immediately sold it and let it become somebody else's problem.

With that said, the midrange power and top end speeds of the 951 is far superior to a stock 787.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back