Looking for 1996 GTX mpem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohannad57

Hi I'm looking for an MPEM for a 1996 GTX 787 part number 278-000-897.
Any idea where I can buy these,
Not I'm in Canada but so need a place that ships to Canada please.

I looked up they don't have, anyways I was able to find one but now I'm doubting the initial diagnosis by the mechanic as they suggested 3 parts to be replaced, Rectifier, starter, and the MPEM, and I tested the other two they work perfectly, so is there a way to test the MPEM before I pay almost $700 on a part that is not needed?

I looked up they don't have, anyways I was able to find one but now I'm doubting the initial diagnosis by the mechanic as they suggested 3 parts to be replaced, Rectifier, starter, and the MPEM, and I tested the other two they work perfectly, so is there a way to test the MPEM before I pay almost $700 on a part that is not needed?
Holy crap man PLEASE don't spend that kinda money !! These people are "criminals." for the prices they charge. Unbelieavable.
Let us at least try to help you and yes there are tests you can do on the MPEM and the CDI. Where are you located?

I chased an issue on a 1996 GTX it was my first one. I tested everything again and again. ended up being the pick up inside the mag and it wasn't bad just corroded. What is your ski doing or NOT doing?

What is the problem and WHY do you suspect the mpem?
I sent it to the Michanic and he suggested it could have problem and also the RR and starter assy,
I checked the RR and starter Assy and they both are good,
Now I'm doubting his diagnosis
And not not sure if it is the MPEM.
my problem is idling shut off.
i checked the rotary volve and it's in good condition. But not sure what else could it be.
mid arPM goes below 1000 it will shut off.
sometime i face hard time to restart it. I did notice some times if I push the gas and then start it (after hot shut off) it starts faster/easer than just clicking the on switch.
mas the rpm is elevated right a way.
could that have to do with fuel likes of pump?

Holy crap man PLEASE don't spend that kinda money !! These people are "criminals." for the prices they charge. Unbelieavable.
Let us at least try to help you and yes there are tests you can do on the MPEM and the CDI. Where are you located?
I'm way up North, far from reach,
Thanks for your support, bro,
The main problem is it shuts off on idle both In and out of water, but more noticeable in water.

If your engine is shutting down at idle. what is your idle RPM out of the water and IN the water (should be 3k out and 1600 IN). Check compression "first", you likely have a carb issue or you could have an intake leak. Good Luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back