Lakes in West Florida?

DarbysDad

Looking to check out any lakes near the Tampa area for putting in my Utopia for a day with the family...

Anyone know of any great locations? Perhaps heading north a bit towards Brooksville or something?

Lake Panasoffkee

Looking to check out any lakes near the Tampa area for putting in my Utopia for a day with the family...

Anyone know of any great locations? Perhaps heading north a bit towards Brooksville or something?

When I lived in Tampa (well, just south of Tampa in Bradenton), we used to go just north of Tampa to a lake called Lake Panasoffkee. It is a beautiful lake with some great fishing. I caught the largest bass in my life there. Still have it hanging on my wall. I believe it's about 45 minutes to one hour north, up I-95. Do a google on it to get a better location to where it is. I just remember how much I loved the setting and beauty.... So, check it out.

Oh, BTW, .... Long time no see (or should I say hear). Hope things are well with you and yours. You going to make the get together this year?..:cheers:

Back