Lack of power, 2005 GTX Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ4545

Hey all,
I have 2005, GTX Limited addition, 40 hours. I'm not sure where to begin, because I don't know if I have one issue or couple things going on. I purchased the jet ski this Spring, where I really thought I got took. It wouldn't go past 20 mph, after 15 minutes of driving it, it slowly got to full speed. The rpm's were fine, it just didn't have any power. There's been a few time since then when it wouldn't start, no electrical power to the starter, but there was power to the council. On some day's, well over 50% of the times it starts right away and I'm the fastest thing on water. Today, it started, and it would only go 25 mph, and I tried to drive through it for 2 hours, but the best I could do is 45 mph, again the rpm's are fine, and I don't believe I damaged anything. It's like the super charger won't kick in, but I would think I would still have more power then this. And I still can't explain the electrical problem where at times it won't start.

My 1995 Kawasaki ZXI is looking better all the time!

Thanks, all.

Have you checked your spark plugs? What kind of RPM are you getting? Close to 7900? If you are getting anywhere around 6000 I would assume it is your supercharger. With a blown charger you can still get very close to max speed....its just takes a really long time to get there.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back