Know nothing about these boats, few simple questions! OCEAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

americdn

Ok, I just found a few seadoo boats, namely a speedster that caught my eye. I just purchased a new condo in ortley beach NJ and am looking for something to take out on the bay and mild coastal ocean fun.

What boats does seadoo make that would be suitable for both bay and ocean (confort aside) What are insurance costs and maitnence like? What should i know? I am thinking of this as mostly a boat to fly between my friends places and my place and some mild fishing/crabbing. mainly just fun flying around.

I don't think the speedster handles choppy water well...

I own one, and due to their shallow V design, they skim instead of cut through the water. That said, the boat is a ton of fun for messing around in the small bay near where I live, but I couldn't imagine taking it outside to open ocean.

For insurance, you'll have to check in your local area. And maintenance is on a per-incidental basis usually....

Challenger 1800!

I think the Challenger 1800 will give you a little more stability in the open waters, but yet still give you the speed for having the fun in smooth waters. The Utopia is larger and will do well in open water, but is not really as agile as the Challenger..........good luck hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back