kill switch and choke cable relocating

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianphil18

so i bought my '97 xp this past summer and i got a rebuilt engine in it. still needs a bit of tuning there. but my question is that the guy who owned it earlier cut out the plastic where the kill switch and choke cables are. how can i melt or glue or attach that together in a good way. not zip ties. or would it be better to relocate the switches.

where is the beeper located. i do not see it when i look inside the handlebar from the left, where the start/stop button is.

another thing is the bin below the hood is missing along with the locking mechanism. this is the little black box not the big white bin that goes above the engine. is there some kind of foam or sealant that i can put along the side and zip tie the hood closed so i never need to open it and it will never get water inside if i flip the ski.

(again this is not the hood to the engine just the hood to a little black box which is supposed to sit right above a bunch of wires that run to the gauges and handlebar....so they shouldnt get wet if i flip the ski....but without the seal they will)

thanks for any help. i will post a pic of the hood im talking about later.

jet.jpgjet2.jpg

i can tell from the drilled holes someone used zip ties before. but honestly what i think u should do. is use a sealent or like a caulk and put it around the edges, then put black zip ties back. i recomend the zipties because they will give it some strength, because alot of force is put on it whhen u pull that choke in an out and it would probably rip the sealeant or pull it apart

I would just get a good handlebar cover, they're plentiful on EBay (usually about $35.00) or PM minnetoika4me.

The beeper in inside the handlebar cover.

Lou

I would just get a good handlebar cover, they're plentiful on EBay (usually about $35.00) or PM minnetoika4me.

The beeper in inside the handlebar cover.

Lou

:agree:

those were some mcgyver skills there

here is the hood i was talking about. the second picture is of some guys 951 xp that has its choke and killswitch relocated. is it possible for me to do simething like that with out going down to bare handlebar?

hood.jpgrelocation.jpg

I got one of those top bins mid winter for $0.99 w/free shipping. I'm suprised they shipped it lol.

get a new handle bar cover on eBay or here, don't mess with zip ties, glue, etc, it will only look like crap. Just get it back to OEM.

In fact, I may even have a lower one, I'd have to check my basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back