Keep oil injection system??===

mispelld

Just got two '96 Doo's and one has the oil injection disabled, wondering if, in light of the ages, disable the other one and mix all of my gas? If so, how would I go about disabling it?

It was suggested to me to disable the other one because it's about 18 years old and cannot be relied on. If I decide to disable it, where do I start? Is it so involved that I need a pro to do it?

Some ski MUST keep the oil tank even if the oil injection is removed or disabled as the tank sends lubricant to the lower parts if the engine.

I don't know which models off hand, sorry.

its not real complicated, but I assume your not mechanically inclined, (if you were you'd have already figured it out by now)

so maybe a mechanic or qualified shade tree guy is a good answer, to make sure its done right, should be pretty cheap.

Actually I am, but completely unfamiliar with boat-type things. I see where the oil goes, is it just a matter of locating the oil line, to the engine and removing it?

Another topic on the same '96 XP's, needing two new batteries, is a battery with caps, (flooded?) OK, or should I spend extra for a sealed one? Either way, what place would be a good source to buy them, besides at my SeaDoo dealer?

I'm a fan of sealed AGM batteries... 16L I believe.

i'd rather not have my battery let me down 10 miles from the ramp.

for yrs, I bought them from batteries plus, but the last two I bought from Advanced Auto, they had some online special going on,

I bought one, got a 15% discount online purchase, in store pickup, then ordered the 2nd one with the $25 off coupon. Not much more than the lead acid

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/o/sitewide-15-percent-off-50-140323

for your premixed ski, if you have a west marine nearby,, this will be the best $5 you ever spent.

382.jpg

and maybe its best to either a) have both ski's premixed, or b) install injection on ski #2. that way you won't get confused over which is which and make a mistake, blow an engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, but no Advanced Auto out here in the desert, guess I'll go with Battery Plus, $85 for a sealed one, I suppose that I should avoid the flooded type.

premix oil container will be next to all the 2 stroke oils, semi clear container about 10inches tall, with a white lid, seals tight, gives you all the ratio's, works great, usually on the top shelf kind of hidden.

and don't buy battery from west marine, crazy expensive. and make sure you buy the right oil, API-TC, not tcw3 (which is prevelant at WM, last I checked the only api oil they had was quicksilver and it was expensive.. you want synthetic.

batteries plus will probably push the oddysy batteries with 2 yr warranty, in my experience the Xtreme ones with the 1 year warranty were plenty good, and lasted a long time with no issues. if your going to be long spells between rides, look into a battery tender jr for $30 while your there. I consider a long spell to be 4 weeks, but even then a fully charged AGM will likely last just fine for 4 weeks of down time so I don't consider a charger a necessity, more of a "preventative" thing, and it gave me an excuse to go hang out in the garage.

wally world has the right quicksilver (most of the time) or just order a case at amsoil.com (get the $10 preferred customer trial and save about $30) $125ish a case to your door.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you decide to do this, do a little experiment. Premix the one ski 40:1, and the other one run oil injection. Keep the gallons of oil seperate and see which one you spend more oil on. You will see the difference pretty fast, seadoo oil injection is very reliable if maintained

Back