just woundering??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SP RACER

hey i was just woundering if you have to coat or apply silicone to your exhaust maifold gasket/gaskets ect.. so no water can seep into the cylinder or do the gaskets pervide a good anuff seal to keep the water out???

Sealant?

Because your question wasn't asked about a specific model, I looked up some of your past posts to try and identify your ski. The below information came from the 1995, SP Model 5876 with the Rotax 587 engine.

No sealant required. Make sure your two surfaces are clean, really clean. Attach the gasket and install. The manifold bolt threads should be lightly greased with a synthetic grease and tightened to 18 ft. lbs. All other bolts to exhaust and housing should be also tightened to 18 ft. lbs. but they also recommend the use of Loctite 242 on the thread tips.

If you were going to use a sealant, I'd use a very light coat of Permatex high temp red. It's designed for the heat.

Good luck with the new engine!........:hurray:

Because your question wasn't asked about a specific model, I looked up some of your past posts to try and identify your ski. The below information came from the 1995, SP Model 5876 with the Rotax 587 engine.

No sealant required. Make sure your two surfaces are clean, really clean. Attach the gasket and install. The manifold bolt threads should be lightly greased with a synthetic grease and tightened to 18 ft. lbs. All other bolts to exhaust and housing should be also tightened to 18 ft. lbs. but they also recommend the use of Loctite 242 on the thread tips.

If you were going to use a sealant, I'd use a very light coat of Permatex high temp red. It's designed for the heat.

Good luck with the new engine!........:hurray:

Thanxs dude!

Welcome!

Your welcome!........glad to be of some help to ya!.......
Come back anytime. Let me know how you make out!
Let me know if we can help you out again!.......:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back