Just bought a pair of GTX-DI's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailStrike

Hey guys,

My girlfriend and I went in together and bought these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-And-2001-Sea-Doo-GTX-DI-3-Seater-Jet-Skis_W0QQitemZ170204288885QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170204288885

I held off on posting until I had safely paid the man and drove them home to make sure I didn't lose them to someone with deeper pockets :).

Just wanted to say whatsup and present my new toys. My girlfriend used to have a Waverunner that was stolen back in '96 or so and has been aching to get another PWC ever since. I've never even ridden before, but I've been wanting to get out on the lake and I can't imagine having a bad time on a Seadoo.

The blue Millennium Edition is what I'll be riding. She gets the Red '01. Anyone know what the reasoning was in the change in the reverse gate from '00 to '01? That's really the only notable difference between the two that I see other than the lack of the tilting handlebars on the '01.

Congrats!.....

Man, those are some nice skis!.....I'd love to take one out for a spin. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll make sure I look you up........!
The style of the reverse gate changed between 2000 and 2001. The 2000 style reverse gate was used on practically all predecessors before it. Even on the boats. On my 97 Challenger, the reverse gate is identical to the 2000. The newer one for the 2001, seems like it would be more efficient, since the force is equally divided between the bucket.......
But anyway, nice rides!............Good luck. Let us know if you run into any kinks or just looking to find out how things work. Remember, read up on your users handbook. Use the right type of oil, always.

Thanks guys. I'm pretty stoked. Too bad I'm stuck out of town for work this week. I think I'm going to look for a wetsuit at the REI store near the hotel here so I can get started before the water warms up :). Been looking for an anti-theft device and came across this:

http://www.trailerlock.com/index.html

Should I be concerned with someone lifting the skis off the trailer once I have it locked down?

Good luck with your new toys. I'm sure you'll both have lots of fun together. For the lock...locks are for honest people. I use a 1/2 " chain and lock the wheels on my trailer when I'm not near them. Be careful that the lock mechanism doesn't have a key tumbler that corrodes from salt water and is unable to unlock...it's just a thought.

Congrats. I just picked up a 2001 GTX today myself. My roomate has a 1994 SPX that we were using last year, but I wanted something bigger that we could also tow people with. I hope you guys and myself as well have tons of fun this summer on our new toys.

In TN, it will be riding time soon. If you have any questions you know where to go...You'll have to get us some pictures too and post them for all to see.

Karl

Thanks everyone. Just got back from being out of toown - weather was good today, but unfortunately I had other obligations and still haven't gotten them in the water. I'll be sure to get some pics up soon.

I've been reading about oil choices. I'd be perfectly happy to use the Seadoo stuff as recommended, but we don't have any dealers in convenient distance to the lake (not to mention the small window I have to get to one considering their store hours) and I'd just like to know my options if I end up needing some at the Marina. Sounds like API-TC or JASO-FC or better is the thing that's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back