Just bought 1995 Sportster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wardell

Well I've been on the river with friends for the last 2 years on there boats... party barges and mastercraft..... well a friend of mine parents had this sea doo sitting in the garage for two years, they didnt know what was wrong with it... and they had bought a new boat... So I got it for $1000..... took it to the shop and it was the starter and plugs... so I let then do a full maintainence job.... I got the price for the job, but wondering what the cost should be.... thanks... I will be picking it up today and posting photos this weekend.... Oh, the boat was in perfect condition........ only thing I can see is the storage compartment on the steering wheel area.... looks faded... is there anything I can do with that? and where can I find mates at for the deck... And is the back area is where u walk over to get to the rear of the boat to swim and etc.

This should help answer a bunch of your questions.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=14073

As far as price... depends who you took it too. Most dealers are charging $85 to $125/hr, and and OEM starter will cost about $300.

The "mats" are made by HydroTurf.

Buff the hull using 3M Super Duty Compound.

Paint the plastic parts using normal plastic techniques, and a good automotive paint.

Thanks...

Thank you for the information very informative.... This is a great forum.... looking forward to working on my boat now.... OOhhh.... I would like to add a sound system to the 1995 sportster.... any do's and don't's about adding speakers and deck?

Browse around the modify section or use the search feature. There are tons of threads on adding stereos and speakers. I can help with some questions if you have some more specific. Generally, just buy marine rated stuff and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back