Jet Pump oil or Grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmatute

I wonder if anybody can answer this question. I owned a 2005 Sea-doo RXP Supercharge and I am going to do my own maintenance service. I already mastered the oil change/oil filter/spark plug service but I want also the replace the jet pump seals + oil. I real quite a bit about this topic and even when it seem very straight forward maintenance I came across different chats about what to use in the Jet pump. I don't want to be cough with my hands in the cookie jar and I believe to be prepared to this project so I purchased the seals 4, 2 small and 2 larger according the manual but here is my question, does the pump uses OIL? or grease?
Thanks

Also I should tell you most dealers sell 2 kinds of grease from seadoo make sure you don't let them mistakenly sell you tube grease like for a grease gun jet pump grease is different it kind of looks like a tube of toothpaste with a long stem.

If you are looking for an alternative to the Sea-Doo grease, here is a reply from an SKF rep when I sent him the material safety data sheet for the XPS grease. SKF makes the jet pump bearing.

"Hello Mark,
Sorry for the delay in responding.

I was able to locate a MSDS for the XPS grease. It has a lithium complex thickener with a consistency of NLGI 1.5. Base oil is semi-synthetic, however, I could not locate the specification for base oil viscosity (ie., ISO VG xxx). The BAH 5000 BB is a special designed double row angular contact ball bearing basically referred to as a "hub unit". I was able to locate the specifications...especially noting the bearing is supplied from SKF with a specific grease fill. The grease SKF uses is lithium complex thickened with a NLGI grade 1 - 2 consistency, using a mineral base oil with an ISO VG 100 viscosity specification.

It appears the Sea-Doo XPS product is basically compatible with the factory fill grease. If you prefer not to use the XPS grease, then recommend obtain a grease from a reputable supplier...ExxonMobil, Shell, etc.. For example, ExxonMobil produces a product Mobilith SHC 100 that also matches the XPS and factory fill specifications.

Application Engineering

SKF Service Division
P.O. Box 352, Lansdale PA 19446
Tel: 888-753-2000
Fax: 267-436-6027
askengineeringhotline@skf.com"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back