It's going to be a great summer!

LouDoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm so happy, we went to the lake today, it was 75 out, the sun shinning a perfect day. The lake is already at summer pool. Anyway I took the 96GSX, it ran perfect, just like last year. Dropped the boat in the water, I keep it on a lift, started almost immediately, took it for a ride, it also ran perfectly. We had the lake pretty much to ourselves, a light chop, all in all a great day, and it's going to be a great summer.

Lou

Oh ya, spring is in the air. The "first ride" posts are heading further up north. Glad all went well for you Lou, I can tell by the traffic on the forum everybody is itchen to get out there.

Nick never posted his annual iceberg jumping ride. Maybe to much ice to get around yet.

thats great Lou. it should also me a great summer for me too! the best in 10 years! here's for a great summer to all!:cheers:

Still icy here too. The RXT is at the body shop getting a few dings and scratches addressed from last season. It was almost 70* this weekend so I'm hopeful for a nice hot summer. This year work will allow me more seat time as long as the weather cooperates.

People still ice fishing where our cottage is. Gonna be a while for us, around home its a bit warmer so we will hit the water here first.

Sent using Tapatalk

We had a batch of crazy Pittsburgh weather.

Sunday: Perfect day. Sunny, light breeze, 83 degrees for the high.

Tuesday: Temps falling. SNOW BY 4 PM !!!!! Over night... 24 degrees !

For the people doing the math.... YES, that's a 60 drop in about 2 days.

Yep, we had a similar situation here, 25 last night. I had the boat out a couple of times last week, so I went to the lake, dropped the aft end in the water and put a drop light in the engine compartment, probably overkill but I figured why take a chance.

Lou

Yep, we had a similar situation here, 25 last night. I had the boat out a couple of times last week, so I went to the lake, dropped the aft end in the water and put a drop light in the engine compartment, probably overkill but I figured why take a chance.
Lou

I can understand the light for warmth but why put the stern into the water. did you start it to get it hot?

Because the lake doesn't freeze, the water temp. is warmer than the air temp., especially when the air temp. is 25. Theoretically the lower end of the stern drive being in the water, the temp. of the water, about 45 degrees will transfer into the engine. No I didn't start the engine, it was still in the mid 40's when I went.

Lou

Back