IS there an easy way to change the fuel baffle on a 1998 GSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a secret way to change the fuel baffle on a 1998 seadoo GSX?

Mine is not reading fuel levels. I have a good baffle but These things have always been trouble for me to change since the height clearance is not enough. I usually do not mess with them unless I am taking an engine out then I have to move the gas tank. Is there a way to do so without removing the engine and moving the tank? My tank is full as well which only makes it harder to move. I have seen threads where people say it is a piece of cake but they are talking about the GTX model where you can remove the glove box for the clearance.
Any info to do this with a GSX model?

in short, NOPE! I've had this puppy out 4 times and each and every time it's a ball ache pure and simple!

you need to disconnect and remove all the connections to the handle bars/steering assy and remove (you might be able to get away with leaving the throttle/choke cables connected), syphon tank off and push tank towards engine, then you can gain access at a very tight angle to the baffle and remove

Exactly what soccer dad said, it pulls out through the hole where the steering is mounted PITA but a lot less trouble than pulling an engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back