Is it worth buying?

Oskii86

I been in conversation with a guy about buying a 2005 Seadoo gtx supercharged jet ski for $1,400. The gentleman man said- “Selling whole won’t start, trailer is crappy but will move it around, pump nozzle has a hole but pump is good, this is a project or for parts. It’s was in the water 5 weeks ago and just keep shutting off. Its tagged till next year.”

Do you guys think it’s worth buying? I don’t mind getting my hands dirty but I never owned a super charged jet ski or 4 stroke. Only 2 strokes

Attachments

• IMG_5339.jpeg
    IMG_5339.jpeg
    970.6 KB · Views: 5
The weak points are the supercharger and engine valves.
If the supercharger was rebuilt and the engine has not dropped a valve, it may be worth buying if you are the type of person who will work on it yourself.
There is a lot of risk when you buy a non operational vehicle
If you had to you could sell it for parts to make back most of your money.

Check the trailer for signs of heavy rust on the axle cross bar before you take it on the road. Mine collapsed requiring a tow due to rust under the spring support.

Last edited:
The other potential problem with older Sea-Doos is the lack of part support from BRP; many of the parts on that '05 are unavailable. Instrument clusters and ECUs fetch $1000 each on Ebay for working units because you can't get them anymore.

Back