impeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvavpetic

Have a GTX 4-TEC. Picked up some small rocks yesterday. Pulled the pump to clear them, and the impeller is dinged pretty good. A local mechanic says it could be a big problem, as it may create static electircity, and is recommending sending it out to get machined.

Any experience/advice?

Sounds like a mechanic who wants to make some $$$$$$$$.

I'm not saying that it doesn't need a little love... but SeaDooya said it.

How's it run? Heavey vibration? Cavatation?

If not... go ride, and don't worry.

Oh... and I'd stop going to that shop.

Oh... and I'd stop going to that shop.

LOL...Man ,these mechanics will say anything...no offense cvavpetic, no laugh'n atcha, just some of the things, these guys come up with.

Heard a good one yesterday, customer pik'n up his skis, and b.s.ing, and he mentioned how his Cyclone trailer flooded 5 times..after numerous complaint..etc, he's get'n a new one, but the "mechanic"/dealer, said that it was his neglagence, because he didnt "winterize" his trailer...LOL, and yet, it was early October, hell, its still warm to hit Glamis yet....IDIOTS.

Winterizing in SoCal?????

That's just gay. I grew up out there. In the middle of winter... it was Glamis time since it would cool off to 90 dunning day. (T-giving, New years, and Prz day were the big holidays out there)

As far as watercraft... in Jan or Feb, it may be cold enough to not want to ride... but you would still get nice days... and you just put on the shorty wet suit.

I never officially winterized anything until I moved to cold a$$ Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back