impeller pitch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

murray1886

I have a 1995xp, the previous owner put on a high compression head(185psi) and after market flame arrestors. He could never get it to run and I ended up buying it as a basket case. I went through it and fixed his mistimed rotary valve, rejetted the carbs and replaced the leaking crank seals that were probally the cause of his "lack of power" that he was trying to solve through these mods. The thing seems to run pretty good now. The only complaint I have is the hole shot... It just seems the engine doesn't have enough when hard manovering at low speeds..... Its not cavitating, just seems bogged down. Its fine it I take off in a straight line. Is this normal for the 720? Would these mods have raised the peak hp rpm range of the engine? do I need a different impeller then? if so, what is the best way to go? Thanks in advance, Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Joe. Sounds like you are on track to have a real nice ski. That model is a favorite of many here. In the 2-stroke PWC section of the forum there is a thread called The X4 Thread. Check it out. It covers lots of ground on the XP.

In regards to your performance issue, post the question in the 2-stroke PWC section of the forum. You should get some good assistance there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back