Idle speed

Pretty much all the skis run around 3000 out of the water. I tend to set them at 2800. Just a rule of the thumb but it works. You want a healthy idle and the engine not loading up when you have to ride at low speeds for a bit. I like the engine should have a nice pop to it. Getting the low speed adjuster in the right spot makes a difference. Good Luck !

Pretty much all the skis run around 3000 out of the water. I tend to set them at 2800. Just a rule of the thumb but it works. You want a healthy idle and the engine not loading up when you have to ride at low speeds for a bit. I like the engine should have a nice pop to it. Getting the low speed adjuster in the right spot makes a difference. Good Luck !
Thank, will setup at 2800, and drop in lake this weekend I have low speed 1 out

It wanted to load up at 3000, It will stay running at 3200, on the hose, low speed 1 turn out, high all the way in, maybe fuel ratio to reach on oil and gas mix, total carb rebuild, plug want to load up on gas and oil mix

It should not load up at 3,000 or even 2,800 out of the water. Something isn't perfect with your carbs.

From what I have learned the idle out of the water is just a guide to get you in the right area for when you are in the water. In the water is the important setting. You want to set the RPMs to 1400, plus a little is ok when in the water. Mine runs at about 1420 to 1480 in the water, but out of the water is runs 3000 to 3150 , sometimes 3200, but she runs good in the water.

Back