IBR issues after removal 2012 GTX155

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkwhit88

Need some help, I had to replace my pump impeller and wear ring. What a nightmare, 45 hours on this machine. Had to cut out the fixing plates to remove the brass inserts spinning within. Finally ordered new fixing plates reinstalled IBR motor and battery and IBR bucket assembly. Ran the IBR in override moves fine,now when testing on the water hose with engine running check engine light is on. IBR light is on. Setting codes U16A4, C2102, P1661. Showing no F,N,R on cluster either battery voltage good, fuse good and system moves in Override only any Ideas? Thanks

The IBR gate can be a real pain in the ass to get in and out especially when the bolts to the fixing plate get over torqued and the nuts spin. Usually when something works and then doesn’t and we’ve worked on it recently it is something we did. The Seadoo IBR system is not DIY friendly and will shut itself down and throw codes if things aren’t right.
Hopefully you have a service manual for your ski and used it.
If your positive your battery is good, you have to look at your install of the fixing plates, motor, and gate. Check your bucket play, should be about a 1/4 inch of up down movement. Make sure you have all the bolts in the right position and torqued properly, make sure where the gate attaches to the motor, the linkage isn’t binding. You can unbolt there and make sure the gate moves free and full not attached to the motor, any binding at all will shut down the IBR. There are different shut down parameters when the IBR is in override so it will still move with codes. If your plastic bushings are worn in the gate that can cause binding. Check and double check your work.

First I want to thank you for the help. I attached pictures so others may not make the mistake I did. There is a tab on the jet pump nozzle that stops the IBR gate allowing it to go into reverse properly. I had it installed 90 degrees off so the IBR was driving down too far causing binding and faults. I took it all apart rotated The nozzle and ran the IBR by hand to verify smooth move to before bolting he actuator. Hooked it up. Disconnected the battery to clear codes and load tested the battery. Ran engine on hose, no faults F,N,R now indicating. Man I feel stupid so glad it did not damage the actuator.Thanks so much for the advice.50C0A3E4-720F-4FFF-A7AF-E5A0FEBECC03.jpeg96945DB3-DD14-42B6-8FEB-F01FE5E9A1BA.jpeg2515D841-923D-4088-9CBC-4B68959549F1.jpeg

I think you have installed wrong the bailers tubes are facing 9 when they should be facing completely down to the six o'clock position

That is correct, these were the before pics. The blue circled tab at the 9 o’clock position should be at 6 o’clock. The tab stops the IBR gate from over rotating going into reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back