I would like everyone to share mooring ideas

ryffish

Premium Member
Premium Member
greetings to everyone on the world's greatest seadoo forum . I would like mooring ideas in different situations . I am taking a jetski vacation in August. The place I am staying at does not have docks but it is right on a Sandy beach with a few rocks in it . I was thinking of staking a tarp in shallow water . To Park skis on overnight . I am thinking that would protect bottom of hull from scratches . I use anchors , twist in stakes and docks . I don't think I would trust a twist in stake overnight . Any ideas would be appreciated . Also has anyone ever used the elastic mooring rope for jet skis

a tarp?... comon... stop worrying about scratches, eventually you will get them and they make the ski faster too :)

I usually just beach up, and use a twist in stake to tie off from there so it doesn't wander away with the tide. I rarely keep mine overnight in the water unless we're planning a sunrise run, i'm not so busy that I can't hit the ramp to keep it on the trailer overnight. But if the ramp was really far or something, then sure i'd keep it moored.

if you can't beach it, then I suggest a minimum of two anchors, front & back, to keep it from wandering. If possible i'd also run a longer line from the ski to the shore and twist stake that. (that would make 3 tie downs and you'd be pretty safe that way)

my stake looks like this... I've only used it twice, it sucks for tying off in the water because you have to dive down to screw it in and my water is pretty dirty, no thanks, I only use it on the beach itself, and its pretty dam secure.

CO37750_large.jpg

I have two anchors, mushroom style and again, only used them twice, ONE is not enough, if there is any wave action the anchor just gets pulled along. I never wanted to use danforth or car anchors, too many pointy ends inside my storage bin are a bad mix, I prefer the mushroom wrapped in a couple of towels.

214.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yea I have anchors similar to that I use them for mooring in swimming area while I'm playing Frisbee and having refreshments. I've seen on overtons the docking lines that are retractable . Also I have actually seen guys make portable runners that lay on beach where you could roll them right up

I've used a rubber mat for each machine - not too big - about 24 inches by 36 inches IIRC. Rill it out and pull machine up onto it.

After a while I decided to stop sweating about it....

Back