I have a science question,,,

Coastiejoe

I have slides on my bunks for my ski's. One set I mounted them on the bunks in the center and the other I mounted them on the outside edge. The set I have in the outside edge cause the bunks to pivot as the load is not in the center.

I have two options.
1). Remove the slides and move them to the center.
2). Buy another set and mount them on the inboard sides on the bunks.

So here is my science question;

If I mount a second set to the inboard side, will the ski be easier or harder to slide?

I understand the friction and pressure concept due to more of the hull touching the slides. BUT,,, slides are designed to "slide".

I do not want to increase the physical amount if strength/load needed to launch or retrieve the ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming that the ones that are mounted on the face of the bunk have twice "or more" surface area contacting the hull that the ones mounted on the side of the bunk do if you added another set to the inside edge you would still have less or equal resistance to the ones mounted on the face so I don't think it would add any more resistance. In fact I believe you have more weight per sq in" of slide on the slides that are on the side of the bunk so it may equalize the resistance. But I'm no scientist. Lol. And I think I might of just confused myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the same page pretty much,, LOL I was thinking less over-all pressure per square inch as they would be supporting more hull. But then when I threw the "slide" aspect into it I confused myself.. LOL

Back