hx trim on 96xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie708

The trim on my 96xp has never worked and most likely never will. Has any one ever installed a hx trim knob on a x4 hull? The only other thing i could think of is a yamaha twist throttle trim i know that has been done before. Anyone have any other ideas?

Yes the hx knob will work fine, the only draw back with the manual trim is you will need to keep stopping to adjust it as you ride through different chop levels but if you dont have anything at all this would be a great solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
yip.. it installs great on a 96 xp. :)

41.jpg

That's great thanks guys. I know it's not a adjust on the fly type of deal but it's better then what I got now

Any good ways to remove the vts that's in it now? What about plugging up the hole in the hull.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great thanks guys. I know it's not a adjust on the fly type of deal but it's better then what I got now

Any good ways to remove the vts that's in it now? What about plugging up the hole in the hull.

I removed my vts,,, two screws holding the bracket the holds the unit...
plug the hole with a bilge plug from the marine or hardware store... $5.

pics' below. and note: its not TOO hard to adjust, you can just bend over the back of the ski and adjust it when you stop, so set it in the middle for regular cruising, and if you know your going to go chase wakes, adjust it. , but i'll be honest, i rarely if ever adjusted mine, it was just nice to know that i could. I paid for (and sold) 3 or 4 of those units, all in the $40 range, so don't overpay.

vts removed,actually whats nice is all the extra space you get when you take the unit out...

292.jpg

bilge plug (Its been 3 years so I forget the size, just buy the 1" and the 1 1/4 " and return the wrong one... (don't quote me on the sizes)
257.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back