How to upload an image on Sea-Doo Forum

hfgreg

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I had a recent request for a how to on uploading images so here it is. The box that you click on the quick reply is the same box for a new thread.

5.png

Size limit yes.. I have also changed how you add the images now but it is still very similar to the picture.

I had a recent request for a how to on uploading images so here it is. The box that you click on the quick reply is the same box for a new thread.

5.png

That's exactly what i was doing before. It even showed on the bottom left corner of my computer display a small rectangular window showing the percentage of the download as it appeared to download the image, but even through all that, no picture would show up. Am just an idiot! :facepalm: :banghead:

I just tried again and nothing, maybe is the size...grrrrrrrrrrrr
What i do not understand is if the size is the problem then why did it accepted my avatar and the profile picture straight from my computer.

Sorry i am a computer geekdiot! :willy_nilly:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what i was doing before. It even showed on the bottom left corner of my computer display a small rectangular window showing the percentage of the download as it appeared to download the image, but even through all that, no picture would show up. Am just an idiot! :facepalm: :banghead:

What size are the images? The file size may be too large. The maximum file size is 3 mb.

It seems as if the image size is too big you will never get the OK button to post. At least I didn't.

It seems as if the image size is too big you will never get the OK button to post. At least I didn't.

The image will show a red exclamation point next to the file name if the image is too big.

It didn't show a red exclamation next to the file, and the file was 2mb. This is what i did, i clicked on the icon for pictures, it is to the right of the video icon, the window opened, cicked on the computer files rather than from a URL, then i clicked the browser button, it took me to the picture file on my computer, i selected the picture, it loaded fine, then that's it, the little window does nothing else, so it showed the image size, and the bar full, as if loaded, but there is nothing else i can do :svengo:

It didn't show a red exclamation next to the file, and the file was 2mb. This is what i did, i clicked on the icon for pictures, it is to the right of the video icon, the window opened, cicked on the computer files rather than from a URL, then i clicked the browser button, it took me to the picture file on my computer, i selected the picture, it loaded fine, then that's it, the little window does nothing else, so it showed the image size, and the bar full, as if loaded, but there is nothing else i can do :svengo:

It's actually the icon on the left.. jsut want to make sure you clicked the right one. After that you have to click the "Upload File(s)" button at the very bottom. Once it uploads it should automatically inser the image into the posting area. What browser are you using?

It's actually the icon on the left.. jsut want to make sure you clicked the right one. After that you have to click the "Upload File(s)" button at the very bottom. Once it uploads it should automatically inser the image into the posting area. What browser are you using?
100_4503.JPG Hotdogged! I think it did it?

Great news.. Sorry it was so hard to get it going.. I am working now to make it easier.
[MENTION=2]hfgreg[/MENTION]:
A suggestion: I came out of the IT industry. A well known eCommerce company; so lots of web stuff. In the user area, we included code that would automatically scale down the image size. A re-sizer, if you will. There are a bunch of them available. That might help make it easier for the poster.

-Dave
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hfgreg:
A suggestion: I came out of the IT industry. A well known eCommerce company; so lots of web stuff. In the user area, we included code that would automatically scale down the image size. A re-sizer, if you will. There are a bunch of them available. That might help make it easier for the poster.

-Dave
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave there actually is one implemented within the software. With all of the DB and code changes we have added over the years some of the features have broken. We are working to fix the issues.

Back