how does iBr work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingsafe

when i looked at the spec sheets for the gts and compared it to the rest of the 2011 models, it looks like every model (except the gts) has a tranmission for iBr and reverse.

does that mean there is no reverse gate on the jet pump nozzle ? Does it reverse by changing the direction of the impeller ?

I could be wrong because I don't really know, but I don't *think* any model has a transmission.

It is my understanding that how the IBR works is that there is an electronic PTO that engages when you squeeze either the forward or reverse levers. If neither lever is squeezed then the PTO is disengaged and you are in neutral.

When you squeeze the forward lever the PTO engages driving the impeller and off you go, when you squeeze the reverse lever the PTO also engages but the reverse gate also lowers down.

The reverse thrust is also the break..

As I said I could be wrong, because I really don't know but that is my guess as to how I would *Think* that it works..

-TheChad

Sea-Doo has never had a transmission. The iBR works by adjusting the reverse gate. When you first start the Sea-Doo it is in neutral (Like the jet boats). This means the reverse gate is about half way down. When you hit the throttle lever (the right side lever) it puts the reverse gate all the way up allowing you to move forward. When you hit the brake or reverse lever (Right side lever) it puts the reverse gate back down. For reverse you hold the brake lever and hit the throttle. This allows the reverse gate to drop down more to reverse the jet of water. And nothingsafe just about every model has iBR except for the GIT models and the RXP's. The brake works by dropping the reverse gate a little more than reverse and scooping water up then throttling itself up through the 3 computers in it. It is all very neat to see work and to ride one. It changes the whole game of PWC's. If you have any questions you can send me a PM or just comment back.

Very interesting, so when in nutral the thrust is just virtical?

Does seem weird that they arn't using an electronic PTO to take power off the impeller all together..

Interesting.

-TheChad

I am sorry but TheChad you are right. the GTI's do have iBR. I just got back to the shop and seen the dealers binder with all the new sea-doo's and you are correct. They brought the GTS back and the GTI's have iBR

Very interesting, so when in nutral the thrust is just virtical?

Does seem weird that they arn't using an electronic PTO to take power off the impeller all together..

Interesting.

-TheChad

It is not really odd due to the fact that is more to go wrong. With a direct drive system all you have to do is just reverse the jet stream. Same way on an airplane. They drop a gate (reverse gate) and throttle up. They are just redirecting the flow.

I am in Albany, Ky Denney Marine.

Perfect place for a water freak huh. That puts ya like 30 minutes from cumberland, Laurel and dale hollow doesnt it? Pretty close to Norris too, thats my favorite. We'll have to hang out sometime next summer when im down that way. We have gotten a few people from KY on here this summer and a bunch in TN. I would like to put together a meet next summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on down. I live right on Lake Cumberland. My house over looks it Lake Cumberland and I am about 15 min for Dale Hollow. So I am in a great area. Plus during the summer we have some Demo's out showing them off. But next summer give me a holler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back