how do I start my 1994 sea doo watercraft without a key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its just the simple push button type you can hold your finger over the button, but if its the DESS type you would need a lanyard key to get it to start. but i know my 95 is the button type and i would assume yours is too.

Dess?

SeaDoo uses the DESS (digital electronic security system) to protect PWC and sportboast owners. It's a lanyard with a electronic chip in it to protect it from theft. If you have a friend and he has one identical to yours, his lanyard will not start yours. If you use the wrong key, you'll hear one long beep. If you use the right key, there will be two short beeps. If you need to replace the DESS lanyard, then after buying a new one, you'll have to have a dealership (or OEM repair shop) who has the MPEM programmer to program your new key to start your PWC. I'd suggest that if this is your problem, buy more than one lanyard and have 2 prgrammed, that way, if you lose one, you'll have a back up.
If you have the standard quick disconnect lanyard, that looks like a little fork, then you can buy this from from your local walmart. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back