How can you create a roostertail like a yamaha jetski

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

I really like the rooster tail you get from a yamaha jetski. has anyone tried or know how to make a Seadoo do the same thing?

I really like the rooster tail you get from a yamaha jetski. has anyone tried or know how to make a Seadoo do the same thing?

Why would you want to replicate that BS? To each his own, to me the yamaha skis pissing water 10 feet high is annoying.

Last edited:
LOL... I had a guy ask me about that last year. I told him to buy a Yamaha. :D I think Seadoo's intention is NOT to get the rider wet as their discharges are low key and low profile.

i would imagine you could buy the visibility spout from Yamaha and install it, but you will need to put holes in your hull and your pump to provide the water. For what its worth many yamaha owners seem to try and delete this option, as it sprays everythong around it (including the rider if they are downwind).

A while back the USCG were planning on making all PWC operators have a visibility spout. So in theory, some company may already be making retrofit kits to fit old units. Here is the the article: USCG Imposes New Small Craft Minimum Visibility Requirements | The Watercraft Journal | the best resource for JetSki, WaveRunner, and SeaDoo enthusiasts and most popular Personal WaterCraft site in the world!

i would imagine you could buy the visibility spout from Yamaha and install it, but you will need to put holes in your hull and your pump to provide the water. For what its worth many yamaha owners seem to try and delete this option, as it sprays everythong around it (including the rider if they are downwind).

A while back the USCG were planning on making all PWC operators have a visibility spout. So in theory, some company may already be making retrofit kits to fit old units. Here is the the article: USCG Imposes New Small Craft Minimum Visibility Requirements | The Watercraft Journal | the best resource for JetSki, WaveRunner, and SeaDoo enthusiasts and most popular Personal WaterCraft site in the world!

That article at the time was completely debunked, date April 1st 2019 BTW, nothing to back it up, the links to USCG went to an 80's MTV video. The PWC community took it as satire and click bait, and lost respect for this website called the 'Watercraft Journal'. If it were disclosed as an April fools day joke? but it wasn't.

The guy that wrote that was trying to generate traffic to his website, not one single other source referenced what he was saying. It was total BS and it really got people worked up. The reason people spotted it as BS is because of the suggestion that retrofitting being mandated, that'll never happen.

Last edited:
I can shoot a real rooster tail on my xp. About 15 feet high and 45 feet long. I modified my trim nozzle to get more "up" trim and it really puts on a show, problem is you loose about 6 mph.

That article at the time was completely debunked, date April 1st 2019 BTW, nothing to back it up, the links to USCG went to an 80's MTV video. The PWC community took it as satire and click bait, and lost respect for this website called the 'Watercraft Journal'. If it were disclosed as an April fools day joke? but it wasn't.

The guy that wrote that was trying to generate traffic to his website, not one single other source referenced what he was saying. It was total BS and it really got people worked up. The reason people spotted it as BS is because of the suggestion that retrofitting being mandated, that'll never happen.
Jeez, I feel like a noob. I read that awhile back and never thought to follow up (mainly cause I never intended to comply).

People who intentionally put out misinformation suck. Thanks for setting the record straight.

For the life of the pwc gods,,,DONT install that rooster tail!..I was at the marina, doing a mobile repair,,,the Yamaha was on one of those floating pwc docks,,I made sure part of the pump was in the water for cooling,,,and after I started it,,the rooster tail wetted a passing boater,,,he was not pleased, but pissed.
Also, the rooster tail is not connected to the exit cooling line as I had thot,,,it's a hose that connects from inside the pump to that fitting!

I never understood how you were supposed to be able to see a thin little waterspout but not a big bright colored watercraft. The spout was just pointless in my opinion.

Mik,,,you are all over that one,,,the owner told me that he was told to leave it in,,,why have extra plumbing in the pump anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back