Holding back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my boat out several times, and I feel like the boat is being held back by something. Like this is more, but it just cant. I think the engines may be working against each other.

I also have some other smaller issues. the Left throttle won't stay where you put it, it slowly moves down. the steering is a little loose. the forward/reverse sometimes slides back.

Can you guys help?

you can take off the plate with the throttle levers and f/r lever. i think they are small allen heads. it is basically friction that holds the levers in place. (just tighten them up a bit.) as for the steering lift out the compartment where the tools are kept in front of the cockpit and you can see how the mechanism works to tighten up the steering as well. this is all info based on my 97 and the fact that the cables aren't so stretched that you can still adjust out the play. ie make sure when you are wide open throttle the carb 'butterfly' is wide open as well. also make sure that when you are in full forward that the reverse gates are fully upright and out of the way of the propulsion. i am no expert but i would start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back