high temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjquinn

i have a 2003 4 tec and i’ve owned it for over 10 years now never had this issue before. i was riding it the other day and the high temp warning came on and started buzzing so i slowed down and it turned off but then when i speed up it turns back on. engine doesn’t smell hot and its full of coolant. any help is appreciated.

You need to figure out if a sensor is bad or it is truly overheating.

What does your coolant bottle look like?

If you don't have software, all you could do is to get a laser thermometer and shoot the exhaust temp sensor around the riser pipe or the engine coolant temp at the coolant line on the top of the block.

If are both below 100 degrees you might have a sensor issues. If the coolant one is cold but the block is hot l, you might have a thermostat issue.

Probably the cooling water system that supplies cold water to the exhaust is plugged , newer models have a removable screen , not sure about yours , you may have to remove the pump as that is where the water comes from.

I’m having a problem with my 04 seadoo gtx I’ll get it out for the day run it for 45 min to an hour then shut it off. When I go to restart it to take off it throws a h-temp on the dash as I hook up the key and is really hard to get started again it’s not displaying a p—- code when I press the set button 5 time it just says end. It’s only displaying the h-temp when I go to restart it doesn’t pop up when I’m running the ski. Any suggestions?

You need to figure out if a sensor is bad or it is truly overheating.

What does your coolant bottle look like?

If you don't have software, all you could do is to get a laser thermometer and shoot the exhaust temp sensor around the riser pipe or the engine coolant temp at the coolant line on the top of the block.

If are both below 100 degrees you might have a sensor issues. If the coolant one is cold but the block is hot l, you might have a thermostat issue.
it is full of coolant and still throws that code at higher speeds

Probably the cooling water system that supplies cold water to the exhaust is plugged , newer models have a removable screen , not sure about yours , you may have to remove the pump as that is where the water comes from.
where can i find this pump at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back