Hi All

Status
Not open for further replies.

z_ries

What's going on dudes and dudettes!

I am new to the PWC world. I just recently purchased a 2006 SeaDoo GTI 130. I found a smoking deal in my opinion. The ski only has 206 hours on it, and it doesn't look like water has touched the bilge. I am excited to get it on the water, but I must admit, I know nothing of PWC. I am hoping that with your experiences and expertise I will be able to solve any problems that I might encounter.

Right now I am looking at finishing up little things, such as new foam on the swim step, dock lines, PWC bumpers, etc.

Look forward to interactions and any tips that you guys and gals can offer to help me have the best experience with my ski!

I've been doing all sorts of reading and "research". I need to find some good bumpers, I have read the "Kwik Tek HH-P1B Hull Hugr PWC Fender" are the best for the value. I have found many speaking highly of them. How long of line do you have for your anchor? Just random questions. I did find a place because of the forum for me to be able to send my U-Bar for my swim step to get new rubber, only $12.

Anchor line length will vary depending on your average depth you travel in. Good rule of thumb is, 10 times your average depth. So 200 feet for 20 feet of water. With a light item such as a ski, this number can be reduced. The match comes from, in calm water you let out 5 to 7 times the depth. Rough water it is 7 to 12 times

I am a Lake Erie boater, if I am in deep water, I will be mooring off another boat. If I am anchoring I would expect that my water would be 4 maybe 5 feet, I was thinking between 25-30, and according to your calculations I would probably be safe. I worry having 50 ft of line, dock lines, bumpers, anchor, etc I will be loaded down...

I did Lake Erie for 40 years. I kept 35 feet of line. In deeper water I always had a boat or other skis around. All that mattered.

Thanks for your help Coastiejoe. You have answered my questions. I'm excited for it to finally get warm so I can run "Brucie" as my wife and daughter have decided to call the ski.

Where in Erie do you ride?

I've been from Ashtabula to the islands in Port Clinton area. Have also cruised from Fairport Harbor across the lake to Rondo Bay Canada..

We are in Port Clinton. The in-laws are at Brand's Marina. So we are always going over to PIB, Kelley's, Cedar Point.

This is the first year with a ski in the stable so it should be extra fun.

Very cool... Nice place to ride. Can get a bit crowded down there. I was deployed for Desert Storm, got hurt, after months of staying in theatre I finally got sent home to heal in the Port Clinton area. I was there so long that I went to my home east of Cleveland and got my skis. Brought them back down to Port Clinton and had them there with me for 6 months. I probably put 100 hours on them.

Again, welcome aboard and thanks for joining..

There is a somewhat hidden warehouse in Erie Industrial Park. Familiar with the area? It is where we used to stash our boats and what not. HUGE vault within the building. Kept all of our "toys" in it.

(I know they are sideways, I am flying right now and can't edit them until I land..).

300.jpg

301.jpg

I know exactly where that is at. I'd like to get my hands on some of those "toys" haha. Looks fun!

Hey you know those things are meant to touch the water not fly in the air!! :p
There is a somewhat hidden warehouse in Erie Industrial Park. Familiar with the area? It is where we used to stash our boats and what not. HUGE vault within the building. Kept all of our "toys" in it.

(I know they are sideways, I am flying right now and can't edit them until I land..).

300.jpg

301.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back