hi all new to pwc

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everybody, hope everyone is have'n a good one.
my girlfriend and i have recently purchased two sea doo bombardiers a 93 and 94. this is a entire new ballgame to me however. guy tells me they have been winterized and we couldn't start them. they look like they're in good shape so we bought them. i get them home and talked to someone at the marina close to my house, he told me all i should have to do is filler up with gas and oil, connect the battery and try to start them. well did that cranks fine but will not fire....also when i tried to do that oil or oil/antifreeze comes out the back. would love to take them out but like i said i know nothing about jet skis, i do know some about other small and big engines, i do work on my cars and 4 wheelers. this just has me thrown for a loop. any help would be really appreciated and on that note hope yall have a good'n.
thank you, carl

The oil/antifreeze is coming out due to them being winterized. Have you pulled the plugs to look at them? They may be fouled. The usual drill with newly acquired toys like these is to do a compression check. Also see what color the fuel lines are. If they are the original grey ones, they need to be replaced and the carbs cleaned. The old lines deteriorate with ethanol fuels. This should be a decent starting point. Make sure the batteries are fully charged and do not try to jump your ski off of a running vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back